Famous Last Words: Looking Forward and Backward

Monday, September 16, 2019

Before I get started on Week 5’s assignments, I thought I would stop and reflect on my progress both on and offline in this couple of weeks. I have made strides on my Storybook project as far as continued brainstorming is concerned. As for the Introduction on my Google site, however, it has a ways to go. I’m assuming I will go an expository route since I plan to do an anthology rather than a narrative. My Week 4 story went well, too. I haven’t attempted to write poetry since probably high school, but I was pleased with the finished product despite it’s few flaws. Writing poetry takes more patience as it requires more time and effort than prose, but after the rush of satisfaction over how my “Sampati and Jatayu” re-write went I’m thinking I will try to recreate this feeling and keep working with rhyming verse. Something I was reminded of while writing was a poem (one of many) that I read when I was younger called “Humpty Dumpty’s Funeral,” which I suppose is a Western version of mythology-inspired reconstruction not unlike what we’re doing in this class with Indian epics.

Outside of class, I have a full plate. I have a first exam in one class, a first paper in another, and a date to deal with some financial matters that is a little overdue. Such is life, I suppose. However busy as this upcoming week appears, I know that I have provided myself some cushion with extra credit assignments. I also feel my grade is safe since I so far have been consistent in following the schedule I created at the start of the semester.  So long as I stay on track, I am confident I will just barely make it through the week.


(Image Source: Pixabay Stock Photos)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really great you're taking a second to reflect on how you're doing in class and out of class as well! You're doing a really great job balancing it and I'm really impressed you've choosen to go with the poetry aspect of things instead of just sticking to prose. I've never been good at poetry so the fact you can even do it, let alone are good at it, is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top