Week 8 Reading and Writing

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Overall, I feel satisfied with my sites at this point of the semester. As far as my blog goes, I became comfortable quickly and am quite happy with the formatting choices I made as far as the layout is concerned. After some googling, I found this customizable template that I downloaded for free from Georgia Lou Studios and finagled with which is why it might seem visually different than some which used the ones that came pre-installed on the platform. My project on my Google site has a way to go, but it’s still early so I anticipate making some changes here and there with font and photos when I start writing stories.

I have thoroughly enjoyed both epics that we have read in this class. The Mahabharata seems a little more mystical and metaphorical than the Ramayana which I like since each episode is a like a clue to the moral message, but the Ramayana is story of romance and unrequited love and betrayal that is so classic. One regret is not writing many stories and opting to make up the points by doing the extra credit assignments. Since I am pushing myself to do poetry instead of prose, the Thursday due date has been a time struggle since this takes more time and effort. My anxious, perfectionist soul has continuously prevented me from producing a weekly post since I can’t bring myself to publish anything if it isn’t the best writing possible. I suppose the extra credit assignments that I have tended toward (Growth Mindset/ HEART) are helping me to work on abandoning these self-imposed expectations. Though I haven’t written many, it is still my poem from week 4 that I am most proud of. The reading notes post strategies have been useful for me since they are short and sweet and remind me of the parts that I found most important and can return to when I go skim them for inspiration later.

In looking forward, I realize I need to get the show on the road with my Storybook now that we have finished both myths. When I go to write, I want to try to not put too many restrictions on myself as far as planning goes because in the past, I have realized that this is a sure way to pigeonhole myself into having writers block. Trying to fit some perception of what I want from my writing doesn’t necessarily produce such writing. Also, I have been proactive with accumulating extra points which has prevented me from beating myself up for not keeping pace with the assignment due dates. I intend to continue to take it day by day and do as much as I can when I have the time. I am also very grateful for the grace period. So far, no suggestions!

(Image Source: Pixabay Stock Photos) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top