Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The comments that I have received on my stories so far have been very constructive. They are not overly critical but still do well to give suggestions for correction. I think it helps that the Feedback Gallery and the assignments that incentivize interaction with one another’s blogs has helped us to know how to give the most useful comments on people’s pages. I can speak personally that both these resources and learning from the students reading and responding have all contributed to my own commenting skills. I still tend to steer away from negativity but for the most part have challenged myself to give sincere critiques when the situation calls for it. For the most part, though, I think I have some very creative and talented classmates and have enjoyed taking inspiration from them.

Having the opportunity to be a virtual wallflower since our blogs are public has been a unique experience since so much of school is independent. I have learned more about students who I recognize from former and current classes as well as gotten to know some strangers at least at surface level. Somehow it seems easier to connect online behind a screen where you can let go of inhibitions that prevent genuine interaction when offline. I have edited my Introduction a couple of times since it first went up and am pleased with the changes I have made. I think with the customizations I have made to my blog it is a space that people can see who I am, both aesthetically through the visuals and navigation, but also through my blog posts, stories, and comments.

(Infographic I chose because it reflects my thoughts on offering candid praise and criticism; Image Source: Kim Scott, Twitter)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top