Famous Last Words: Almost Done

Thursday, December 5, 2019

These last couple of weeks have been challenging. I can’t believe that the end of the semester is so close, I feel like it’s been such a short time since it started. Since about the end of October, every day seems to have melted into each other and I’m not sure which way is up and which is down at this point. I’ve made such slow progress on my Storybook project after my “full steam ahead” attitude not long ago and am not sure if I even have the time in the next couple nights to do a story about Draupadi.  Since my project focuses on “twins,” I had the intention of doing two chapters featuring female characters with opposite gendered “other halves” as they make for a good comparing/contrasting pair. However, I have SO FEW points left to earn since I have done so many Extra Credit assignments it really just will take a few of these to earn my “A.” As such, since I am graduating and since the likelihood I can keep my website up and running in the months afterward are slim—I think this is what I will do. At this point, my remaining finals and post-graduation job hunting has taken full priority. Luckily this class is just that flexible that I can still earn an “A” this way.

In other news, I have a new tortoiseshell kitten. She was a stray that a family friend found her on Halloween, and we were chosen to take her in after they began asking coworkers and friends to give her a “forever home.” She is curious and spunky in comparison to my carefree and calm cat, so she’s been a welcome addition! Otherwise, outside of this class all is as usual- just trying to stay afloat until freedom when I complete college and can tie a bow on this chapter! I’m gearing up for the career-level job application and interview process ahead. This is making my motivation and focus fluctuate, but someday I imagine these days will just be like a dream forgotten! I do want to enjoy these days while they last, but I also want to make them worth it! So every bit of free time and wiggle room I can make I am taking full advantage of.


(Image Source: Pixabay Stock Photos)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top